YCB's Fudgey Brownies
These brownies are for sure to be a favorite in your kitchen! Try them out tonight.
I'm a huge fan of brownies and they need to have the perfect balance. Not to cakey, not too dry, and not too fudgey either - just right. These are decadent, rich, chocolate-y and so warm - just perfect for me and my family.
Follow along our recipe and remember, recipes are a just a guide. Adapt to this and make it your own. I would love to see your variations!
YCB's Fudgey Brownies
Makes 16 squares
1 cup melted butter, cooled
2 tbsp grapeseed* oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 cup flour + 1 tsp flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp espresso powder
100g cocoa powder
200g chocolate chips (chunks)
100g walnuts (optional)
*substitute grapeseed oil with regular vegetable oil
**eggs at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Grease an 8 x 8 pan and line with parchment paper.
3. Combine butter, oil, and sugars until well combined
4. Add eggs, one at a time, until well combined
5. Sift together 1 cup flour, soda, salt, cocoa powder and espresso powder.
6. Fold in dry ingredients in 1/2 cup increments into wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix.
7. The reserved 1 tsp of flour, add it to 2/3 of the chocolate chips and walnut. This will help disperse the chips and nuts within the batter.
8. Pour the batter into the greased pan and spread out evenly.
9. Add the remaining chocolate chips and nuts (1/3 reserve) to the top
10. Place in the oven to bake for 30 - 35 minutes. If you like more set brownies, bake for 40 minutes. Do not over bake, they continue to cook once they are out of the oven .
11. Let them cool before you ice or try them.
12. Serve as is; with ice- cream or with our Ganache recipe below!
240 ml whipping cream
230g chocolate chunks (no chips) chopped up finely
1. Heat whipping cream until hot but not boiling.
2. Pour cream over chocolate in a heat resistant bowl.
3. Let sit for 2 minutes. Don't be tempted to stir yet.
4. Stir until chocolate and cream are well combined
5. Pour directly over the brownies. Let the ganache cool if you would like to whip it to make a fluffier frosting. Just whip it with your electrical whisk or stand until its lighter in color.
6. Let the brownies set with the ganache icing or whipped frosting and then enjoy!
This is a recipe that my family enjoys and I hope your family does too! Comment and Share you using our recipe below or on Instagram at yegcakesandbakes
Stay safe and healthy until we share our next! <3
Yeg Cakes & Bakes